It’s an unfortunate truth of the market that in some sectors, the foremost highly in-demand candidates will want to be retained by their previous companies.
By anticipating and preparing for a counteroffer, you’ll usually avoid things altogether. It’s therefore crucial to ask the proper questions beforehand.
- Why are you sad in your current position?
- What have you ever done to deal with the situation?
- Have you told your employer of your thought?
- What was their response?
- If you’re successful in obtaining this position, does one expect to be counter-offered?
- If so, how will you respond? Will a monetary counteroffer only solve the matter within the short-term?
- How committed are you to your reasons for leaving?
These questions will do quite just inform you on the values of your potential candidates, they’re going to reinforce the candidate’s decision to go away their organization.